Monday, November 5, 2012

Our Thankfulness Tree

This morning I was perusing Pinterest to find some Thanksgiving crafts to do with my kids. I saw a tree made of twigs and paper punches that I really liked, but the link to it was blocked. No matter. Monday Mom on caffeine can't be deterred by a photo without instructions!
Kid #3 and I found an old florist vase and filled it with broken sticks from our yard. Next we used a circle punch and random scrapbook paper to cut a ton of circles for writing things we are thankful for. If you don't already own scrapbook paper or a punch, any paper would work just as well cut into circles or leaves. Real leaves would work great as well. I used a small hole punch to put a hole in each circle to hang it on our twigs. Each circle has one name or item on it, and there are plenty of unused ones that we can add throughout the month. My son thinks it looks beautiful (or rather "boo-ful") as it is. We put it in a central location so it won't go unnoticed, and I wrote I Thessalonians 5:18 on a note card to adorn the vase. It was simple, free, and fun to do, but the message of giving God thanks for all the good gifts He gives us each day is relevant year round and not just in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment