Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chimpophobia


not long ago I had a dream that while I was cuddling my youngest, he morphed into a chimp. He was still cuddly, but I was terrified he would rip my face off, and I woke up in a sweat. Don't even want to know what that means in the psych realm. Now though we're watching an old sitcom with a chimp as a house guest, and I find myself again terrified that someone's going to lose an eye or something. One bad chimp on the news and I have a new phobia!
On the other hand, I had no fear whatsoever when my tiny babies would fall asleep on the floor next to our enormous rottweilers. Ironic I guess since there are many more reported cases of the family dog attacking a baby rather than rouge apes doing it. Then again, how many families have chimps for pets as opposed to dogs? No doubt the odds swing in my favor.

1 comment:

  1. wow. I just saw that pic and realized Zelda's head is almost as big as the baby's whole body. Thankful and blessed she's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete