Monday, April 26, 2010

Don't mind me, I'm just on my high horse

I don't always hold myself to the highest standard of moral and legal obedience, and while it makes me a total hypocrite, it's no excuse for why the rest of you don't behave yourselves! For instance, I have been known to speed on occasion, but I try not to break the sound barrier and make illegal turns. And certainly not at the same time! But some of you drive like John Cusack in 2012, outrunning tsunamis while dodging landslides. Stop it!
I'm also tired of people lying. I have lied. When my husband asks about the new shoes I have on, I tell him they've been in the closet for forever and hope that last Thursday counts as forever. If he asks me point blank when I got them, I tell the truth! My love for shoes doesn't supersede the trust between a husband and wife. Nor do I think shoes in any way compares to point blank telling the woman who birthed you that she's not about to have a grandchild when you know full well that she is! Sadly though, I know more than one idiot who has lied to their parents about expecting babies even when the moms outright asked, "are you expecting?" Who does that?! If they didn't want to talk about it, they had other options. Like keeping their mouths shut and their fingers off the keyboard until they were ready to come forward. It's not like it would be obvious. For most of us, we don't get big round bellies the instant the stick turns blue. At least not before the third pregnancy.
This tirade could go on for a while as I pick at wounds that have been festering for years. And I can say all that because I'm fairly certain the jerks who do that sort of thing don't read my blog. Not so sure about those who commit moving violations, but oh well!
And in the wise words of my lovely friend, "I'll step down from my soap box now."

No comments:

Post a Comment