Saturday, May 1, 2010


Embarrassing moments are usually really funny to people who didn't live the embarrassment, so I thought I'd share one of mine in hopes that as you laugh, it will help me laugh about it too.
I took the two younger kids shopping this morning, and we had to make a stop in the ladies room at the mall. My daughter, who is never at a loss for words, loudly proclaimed, "Oh Mom! You're really stinky!" It wasn't me. Really! Approximately two seconds later, she pointed out the shoes in the stall next to us and said, "that lady's feet are huge." I almost didn't take time to wash my hands before we flew out of there. However, it was a public restroom, so I scrubbed quickly and praised my merciful Father in Heaven that we made it out of there before Stinky Big Shoes left the stall. Although, now that I think about it, she was probably waiting for us to leave first. I don't blame her. I would have apologized, but how would one go about that? Nevermind.
On a related note, the very same 4 year old was rewarded at Hobby Lobby for sweet, quiet behavior later today with a $2 battery powered fan. With blades sturdily constructed of craft foam, it's not powerful enough to injure a little brother, but just powerful enough to puree a popsicle all over the kitchen. I SO wish I was making that up. I'm off to mop.

2 comments:

  1. Haha...don't you love the honesty of OTHER people's kids! I think you're just one of the only people brave enough to post about it. Good for you!

    PS- If you don't have a swifter wet jet, I would highly recommend them since it sounds like you will be mopping quite often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN! Jordan has done me the exact same way! I make her go to her own stall now!

    ReplyDelete