Monday, January 17, 2011

Anyone know an aquatic therapist?

Remember the fish I poured into the disposal? I mentioned him in my rant about why I am not a pet person. I do well to take care of the three kids, and the animals are just not my thing at all. Thankful for the big scary dog though-especially when I'm home alone. Anyway, back to the fish. He hasn't quite been himself lately, and even though his brain is about the size of a rice crispy, he seems to have post traumatic stress disorder. When I go near his bowl, he flips out. Sometimes he swims sideways erratically, and other times I'd swear he trembles. I understand that I caused the whole situation, but that was over a month ago! He needs to get over it! I can't even believe I'm thinking this, but perhaps he needs a lady fish friend to take his mind off his near-death experience. What am I saying?! If I poured one down the drain, what is the likelihood that I could keep two fish in the bowl when I change the water? And baby fish? I'm pretty sure any offspring would become casualties immediately. Maybe one fish with PTSD is fine for now. Once he graduates to the toilet, we can go back to being a one and a half pet family (the turtle hibernates half the year, and it's anybody's guess whether he'll emerge each spring, so he only halfway counts) where nothing living fits in a drain.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! I'm sure the fish is fine. My sister became an expert fish killer as a child, to the point of my parents buying her a glass fish to occupy the fish bowl in her room. At least when the fish "graduates to the toilet" it will be an easy clean-up!

    ReplyDelete