Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Extreme Couponing

My husband and I are currently watching Extreme Couponing because he is hogging the remote. I know better than to watch this, but he wants me to learn some tips. He's impressed by how much money these women save, and he is making me nervous! He's even fascinated by how they stockpile things in every nook and cranny of their homes. He said, "we have the space for that!" in a way that makes me want to move to a 1 bedroom apartment just to keep him from brainstorming ways to stash $20,000 worth of groceries and only spend $20. If I spent all my time clipping coupons, planning my shopping trips, and stowing immense amounts of groceries, I would have to use the savings from couponing to pay a maid and nanny, and then it would all even out. You know, except for the fact that I would be completely out of my mind! I can't even think like a couponer. Given the fact that I habitually forget my $2 off coupon for pull-ups that will probably expire before I remember to whip it out at checkout and that I can't even remember my reusable shopping bags (that I keep IN the car just so I will always have them on hand), I would have to say our grocery bill will never be $120 for a month. Sorry, Babe. I think this will also be the last time I watch this show because I'm getting sweaty hands just thinking about the lengths required to be an extreme couponer.
There's a reason this show is immediately followed by Hoarders! 

1 comment:

  1. I too would LOVE to be able to save hundreds of dollars on groceries and household items without having to be a full time "couponer". I also get frustrated when I see these people stock pile all of these things they will never need or want. That seems wasteful to me...

    ReplyDelete