Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why I Need to be in Recovery

I have a disorder. It's called Jimmy Choo Infatuation, and there's no cure!!! I should get help, but I kind of like being sick. Jimmy Choo makes the most exquisite shoes I've ever seen. Well, Some of the most exquisite I've ever seen. In Neiman Marcus in San Francisco, I saw some unbelievably amazing blue strappy pumps with glitter on the soles. They were so far out of my price range that I didn't even pick them up for fear I'd have to sell a kid or a kidney to pay for any damages. But the Choos are right up there with the prettiest of the pretty shoes. Lance
The problem is that they aren't in my budget at all, and I can't justify paying that much for shoes (and what I mean by that is my husband wouldn't let me justify spending that on shoes). The man of the house doesn't get the whole shoe thing, but as my sweet 20 something friend and I have tried to tell him, shoes can make you feel sexy even when your skinny jeans have betrayed you. Shoes will also never make you wear a shirt to the pool like the little two-piece swim suit that looks so cute on the rack will. Shoes love you all the time, and they make you look taller and thinner. Who wouldn't love them?! And come on, if you can find the perfect pair of tan strappy sandals that make you look taller and thinner, feel sexier, and keep that smile on your face all summer long, aren't they worth the triple digit price tag? After all, they're still cheaper than surgery, Botox, or a new wardrobe. Besides, Honey, if a man is looking at my feet, he's not going to be checking out any other part of me, so it's really an investment, an insurance policy! Can I help it that the "insurance" is as much as our car insurance? Alright, fine. I can't justify it either, but looking at them makes me smile. I bet wearing them would make me seem like a brand new wife-younger, thinner, taller, happier. And think of all the time and money THAT would save you!!!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!

    Let me know if you can convince your hubby that you need these, because I have yet to find a way to convince mine :)

    ReplyDelete