Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Name is Stephanie and I am an Addict

I have openly admitted my shoe addiction before. It hasn't really gotten worse, but it certainly hasn't improved. My taste in shoes has though, and therefore my obsession is more costly than it once was. Today though I am at peace with that little problem. Perhaps because I bought a beautiful pair of brown knee high boots today, so the beast within is satiated for the time being. The hubby's beast is raging. It hates my shoe shopping. Oh well.
The reason for my therapeutic confession today is to get it off my chest that I'm addicted to crafting. I was a Hobby Lobby regular long before Pintrest, but now...well now let's just say I'm really thankful for the ability to print out coupons and scope out the half priced deals before I go in the store. I try to plan my weekly crafting "needs" accordingly in advance. I also force myself to avoid Pintrest as much as possible when I already have projects in the works as to avoid going broke.
My latest feats? Making hair bows is the ongoing addiction. I started making them for my daughter, and in the last couple of months it has blossomed (or festered, depending on the day and condition of my house) into a small business.
So that's been fun. It feeds my demon and keeps me too busy to snack mindlessly, so I'm ok with that.
Then my lovely friend who is a fan of my bows suggested that I could help her make Angry Bird costumes for her kids for Halloween. That was REALLY fun because she did all the dirty work. She tracked down instructions, bought all the supplies, and measured the children. All I had to do was sew it all together and admire the cuteness.
Here is my youngest in his own Halloween costume modeling the Angry Speedy Bird. Spiderman never looked so adorable. There will be a couple more Angry Bird projects in the coming weeks, and I hope they're as cute!
But now that enabler called Pintrest has gone and gotten me in the Christmas spirit, and I have had to add a few more things to my craft list!
 I don't  know if the madness will end because my brain can't even stop mentally crafting once I walk away from the physical act. My fingers have perpetual blisters from the glue gun, and I've been sporting white paint on my foot for three days that won't wash off in the shower.
You know how drug addicts will often trade one addiction for another? The lesser of two evils I suppose. Well I may have to give up one of my addictions or focus all of my energy on one instead of spreading it out over multiple habits. I might be willing to stop crafting (for the good of the family) if I could focus in more heavily on shoes. The King Prime doesn't approve of my shoe shopping, but he should know that my last trip to Hobby Lobby cost more than the boots I bought today. Between the bows, the birds, and the Christmas cuteness, I may be halfway to a pair of Jimmy Choos. I'm posting a picture of the exact pair just in case he wants to follow along with this treatment plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment