Saturday, March 20, 2010

I bet they get it from their dad


My children are insanely funny. And smart, and a little weird...in a good way. They like to play Rock Band on the Wii, and they'll play with the instruments and pretend to be in a band even when it's not hooked up. Yesterday my 2 yr old was playing drums and singing back up to my 4 yr old daughter singing, "It's your fau-alt. And your fau-alt. It's everyone's fault but mine!" And when she was done, she introduced me to her stuff animal friend Pinkalicious. What could she possible be watching on TV that would plant that in her mind?! Dora???
Then today the boys had their moments. The 6 yr old tried to out-logic me in the car, and in another year, I will be toast! He wanted to know why I won't let him have a pet snake. Again. And I gave him my same list of reasons again. The final one was "I do not want to have any pet that eats other animals." To which he asked, "didn't you have a pet bird once?" I did, and I don't like to talk about it. Did you know that birds can't live if you forget to feed them for even a day or two?! Dogs will let you know when they're hungry instead of just falling off the perch. So I just told him yes. Then with skill of a trial lawyer, my sweet little kindergartener said, "well, birds eat worms, and worms are animals, so you broke your own rule." Nice try, Buddy, but they sell bird feed in a box! Whew.
We've covered funny and smart, so let's tackle weird. The baby's new thing is that he wants to lay his head on my stomach with my shirt pulled up like he's listening to something in there. Maybe the sounds of his first home? Hoping for a friend to be growing in there? (not a chance!) But he does it as often as he can get me to sit down with him. He's so sweet and cuddly, and I'm sure my belly does make a fluffy pillow, but don't you think that's weird? I guess no more so than the weather. Sunburns last Saturday in the pool and snow castles in the front yard this Saturday. It's gotten so confusing to go outdoors that maybe the poor baby is just remember the one place where the temperature and dress code never changed.

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for the girl. Pinkalicious is a book that she more than likely read at school, at least that wasn't totally made up :)

    As for the pet snake and stomach pillow, I think you're doing great. No way do you need a snake and a little snuggle time with your baby (although slightly awkward) is always good.

    Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holley! Glad to know Miss Sassy Pants gets it from somewhere! Miss you too

    ReplyDelete