Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Break part 2


This has been a fun week with the kids home. The only real fights have been in the back seat of the clown car where they all have to squish elbow-to-elbow. They have been funny and sweet for the most part. I don't know what I would do without my little Mama! Kailyn does a better job watching the boys than I do I think. Odd for the 6 year old to have a 4 yr old babysitter, but it works!
We got to spend time with my grandparents this week, which is always a blessing. As my kids were screaming and requiring more help than the three adults could provide, Grandad says, "you just need to have two more and you'll be where we were at your age!" Can I just tell you how scary that was?! Three's definitely the max...if for no other reason than the bathroom's not big enough for anyone else to cram in there with me. I can see me taking a bath with 5 kids and the dog peering over the edge of the tub tattling, dropping socks in the water, asking if I want them to shampoo my hair, turning on the hot! Yep, we're good with the three who already do those things.
Went to the park with friends today. So fun, and we didn't even have to fish a kid out of the lake or whip out the first aid kit. (fyi, we've yet to have to fish one out, but it's always a strong possibility) I do think if I ever get back into science, my first experiment will be to figure out the magnetic attraction between boys and sticks and mud! One of my boys staked his claim to a stick the length of a flag pole that he was super excited to poke into the water. The other boy fell in the mud, which made him perfectly happy, and licking it off his hands was even better. Good times. Now I'm off to help the oldest with some sort of craft project with the beer caps he collected at the park. Yeah, I don't know either, but it's a boy thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment