Wednesday, March 24, 2010

mail me to Macy's

I had fun with all my kids home last week. It's been quiet here the past few days, and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. On the other hand, as I type this, my daughter is putting gold stars on my back, and the baby's singing into the Rock Band microphone, so it's business as usual for a Wednesday. And as usual, I will probably forget to remove my stickers before going to the gym later. I just wish that one morning they'd put them all over their dad's suit before he heads to the office. The "I'm learning to use the potty" stickers they use to tag the toddlers at church would be the best kind for him! Once at the grocery store a kind woman ran up to me as I was loading kids into a cart and whispered that someone had taped a note to my back. Sure enough, there was a 4"x6" UPS packing label in the middle of my back compliments of my then 3 yr old princess. I think it was a return label for Macy's, which is exactly where I'd ship myself if I could! Instead of letting the nice lady peel it off of me, I should have let her watch the kids while I delivered myself to the UPS store. Well, the baby's using a marker, so it's wise that I get off here and keep both eyes on him. If you see me later with gold stars on my back, just congratulate me for going potty on my own, and I'll know what you mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment