Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Confession time: I'm currently using the back of my child's latest art project from school as my grocery list. Shhh!
Everyone in this house has a conniption when I throw away any drawing, coloring page, or graded paper. To them, it's a sign that I hated whatever prized page I discarded. To me, it's an act of love to keep us off that show Hoarders. After all, we have three children. By the time they all graduate high school, they will have been in school a combined minimum of 7,560 days. Provided they only bring home one paper a day for me to save, that would be a LOT of papers. Can you imagine the refrigerators I would need to display all that mess? But the truth is, they each come in from school every day with a huge stack of papers and no less than two art projects. If I saved everything, mathematically speaking, we would be buried alive and miss the youngest kid's graduation in 14 years. And so it's with love that I save a select few masterpieces, recycle the projects I can (hence the grocery list), and sneak the other 45 into the garbage.

2 comments:

  1. DITTO!!! And I only have ONE! I try to take at least one a month and put it in my pile to save....the rest get tossed when she isn't looking! ;o) Clutter is not my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...that is so funny. As a teacher I understand how much you get sent home. That's because we don't have room for it in the classroom. Maybe you can "mail" some of their work to the grandparents?

    ReplyDelete