Monday, November 8, 2010


My two year old is having his first sleepover at Grannie's house tonight, and I am so thrilled! The dog hasn't figured out where the baby is, and when we came in from eating outside earlier, she whimpered a little and kept looking inside the tent we had played in. I assume she thinks we left him outside, although he had gone with Grannie before that.
Gran may be less than thrilled and the one whimpering in the morning though. #3 just emerged from a phase of waking up at 5:30 every morning. Not only would he wake up before the sun, but he felt obligated to wake up the other children and both parents as well. It got old very quickly, and I have to say, I am relieved to have had a couple of weeks in a row of peaceful slumber until a more reasonable hour. For Gran's sake, I hope the streak continues, but he'll be in a strange bed without siblings for the first time, so he may not sleep well.
When we are away from home, we put him in bed with a brother or sister, mainly because no adult wants to sleep near him. He's the cuddliest baby when he's awake, but in his sleep, he flops around like a fish out of water. We had to put toddler rails back on his bed after removing the crib rail because he kept falling out of bed. I'm sure it's normal, but after #2 who hardly moves in her sleep at all and #1 who prefers still to wedge himself firmly against the closest warm body (which inevitably leaves me with a solid 4 inches of space in which to get comfortable when he ends up in my bed), the erratic tossing of the third child is exhausting.
I'm sure though that tonight while he's not here to keep me up or get me up too soon, he will sleep like an angel. That's about how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment