Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hot! Hot! Hot!

I love the summer, and I think the hotter it is the better I like it. Especially since this is the inaugural year of our swimming pool. We have been spending the majority of our time in the yard, even eating dinner out there most evenings. The two things I don't like are the 412 loads of wet towels that cycle between the floor, the washer/dryer, the table where I struggle to get the clean clothes folded and put away, and the ground outside. I'm thinking of having in industrial blower installed out back (like the kind that dries your car at the carwash) to blow dry the family and banish towels all together. I also hate that the brick patio will burn little feet in a matter of seconds. I have bought water shoes and flip flops for everyone, but they have to wear them to be effective, and that is a joke. If you sit on the ground to put on shoes, you burn your backside. If you step in a puddle in your flip flops, you're likely to land on your backside when the shoes hydroplane right out from under you. The only thing I can think of is to hire cabana boys to keep the patio hosed down and help the kids with the endless shoe nonsense. They would also come in handy to brace the little ones and keep them from blowing back into the pool when they're under the dryer. Now accepting applications.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...towels can become quite a pain to wash and dry all the time. Until your blower is installed, what about outside hooks so you can use a towel a couple of times?

    ReplyDelete